Recent Posts

Lehigh Valley Project 9/12 Tea Party Endorses Marty Northstein for Congress

  Share Tweet Forward Copyright © 2018 Lehigh Valley Project 9-12 Tea Party, All rights reserved. You are receiving this as a member of ...

Read More

Lehigh Valley Project 9/12 Tea Party Endorses Jeff Bartos for Lt. Governor

  Share Tweet Forward Copyright © 2018 Lehigh Valley Project 9-12 Tea Party, All rights reserved. You are receiving this as a member of ...

Read More

Lehigh Valley Project 9/12 Tea Party Endorses Scott Wagner for Governor

Share Tweet Forward Copyright © 2018 Lehigh Valley Project 9-12 Tea Party, All rights reserved. You are receiving this as a member of ...

Read More

MELANIA GUTTED MICHELLE OBAMA’S STAFF “THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE – I WON’T ALLOW IT!”

 TORI MCNABB /redrightvideos Fox News reported more on Melania’s smaller staff: “The details are contained in an annual report the White House ...

Read More

B56536_BETHSINGER_FLAG

Former Giant allegedly rams cop car during pursuit, busted with heroin

By Fox Doucette /WJ Football players are well known for laying the smackdown on their opponents during the beautiful brutality that is an ...

Read More

B56536_BETHSINGER_FLAG

Wisconsin Dem Candidate Looking to Replace Paul Ryan Has Been Arrested Nine Times Since 1991

Randy Bryce / Getty Images BY: Cameron Cawthorne/the Washington Free Beacon Randy Bryce, the Wisconsin Democrat running to replace House Speaker Paul Ryan (R., ...

Read More

With 4 Months until the Mid-Term Elections Republicans Remain Optimistic

                                    ~ American Liberty Report It’s a midterm year, and we’re just past half way to November. The historical trend is for ...

Read More

The Role Kavanaugh Played in the Starr Investigation of Clinton

Fred Lucas / @FredLucasWH / The Daily Signal At the age of 33, Brett Kavanaugh wrote most of the portion of the ...

Read More

B56536_BETHSINGER_FLAG

Manchin Praises SCOTUS Nominee Kavanaugh for Having ‘All The Right Qualities’ to Be Confirmed

The West Virginia Democrat stops short of saying whether he will vote to confirm the nominee BY: Cameron Cawthorne / the Washington Free Beacon. Sen. ...

Read More

Democrats Are Taking Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee Exceedingly Well

                      ~ American Liberty Report Let’s peruse some of the thoughtful, measured and mature responses that Democrats and the mainstream media had ...

Read More

Latest News

[smoothslider]

“Fair Funding?” Yet another delay

Share

What’s one more week after all its only for the children. The legislature has been working for a year to develop a “Fair Funding” formula that will better distribute school property tax revenues between the 499 school districts within our fine State. Currently there’s a cost spread for instructing each student ranging from $25,746 in the Bryn Athyn school district, of Montgomery County to $10,628 in Greater Nanticoke area School district, of Luzerne County.

Wow!!! A difference of $15,118 per child. Yeah, you could say there’s a funding disparity! How does our district compare? Well, for 2013-2014 it cost EPSD $14,299 to instruct a student.

There’s been another group running around the state trying to influence the legislators to see how they would like to see the money flow, they call themselves “the Circuit Riders”  better called the Circuit Raiders as they are made up of  former EPSD Superintendent Seidenberger and other cohorts of his ilk.

Remember Seidenberger was in charge of the EPSD administration that ordered the burial of hazardous asbestos waste on their own Wescosville Elementary School property. Makes one wonder how fair this group will actually be when it comes to the children’s well-being.

Unfortunately the major expense associated school districts is the same thing that killed many private companies like GM and Bethlehem Steel; legacy costs or pension obligations.

In East Penn School District that amounts to 65% of the $141,000,000.00 budget proposed for next year a whopping almost $92million goes to teachers/union members salaries, benefits and pensions . That leaves 35% for all the rest like overhead costs for the buildings; heat, electric, maintenance, diving boards,  subtract another 5% policy mandated budgetary reserve which the administration says it can’t do this year even though there’s an additional $6-7 million cash left in the fund balance slush fund and that does not let much left for important children’s needs like; field trips, books, computers etc… and this is exactly the area the Superintendent cut.

Please come to the next school board meeting and thank the Superintendent for saving the taxpayers money by cutting children’s safety and programs.

Comments are closed.

Polls

Please take our reader satisfaction poll. Please select one from each part.

View Results